Matthew C. Schimenti
- Matthew C. Schimenti, President of Schimenti Construction Company, is the third generation of his family to be involved in the design and construction industry. He launched Schimenti Construction in 1994, and from its inception, focused the company’s efforts on retail construction. Under his leadership, the company has completed numerous high-profile projects, including many flagship and landmark stores, for the most recognizable names in the retail industry.
- Throughout Schimenti Construction’s two-plus decades, Matthew’s unwavering emphasis on maintaining solid client relationships and delivering superior customer service has been vital to the firm’s success.
- Upon graduation from American International College with a bachelor’s degree in marketing and finance, he began his career at his father’s company, AMD Construction Corporation. In his ten years there, he mastered a series of increasingly demanding positions, including Estimator and Project Manager.
- Matthew is an involved leader in industry organizations. He served as President of the Retail Contractors Association from 2008-2012, after having served as Vice President and chairman of its scholarship committee. He has also served on the board of directors of the Associated General Contractors of New York State and as a committee advisory board member for the SPECS conference. He is also a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and the New York Building Congress. He remains active at his alma mater, currently serving on two committees and the board of directors at American International College.
- Matthew lives in Connecticut and is the father of three children and an avid golfer and hockey player.