Ray Catlin, PE MBA
Executive Vice President
- Ray Catlin assumed the role of Executive Vice President of Schimenti Construction in May 2018. Reporting to President Matthew Schimenti, he oversees the execution of the company’s 2018–22 Strategic Plan.
- Ray has more than 23 years of varied experience in the construction industry. Prior to joining Schimenti Construction, he served as Executive Vice President for Dallas-based EMJ Corporation, where he built a regional office and led a team of more than 100 employees. Previously, Ray grew EMJ’s Sacramento regional office to $140 million in annual revenue.
- Ray earned a BS in Civil Engineering from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and recently obtained his MBA from Texas Christian University. He is a registered Professional Engineer and holds professional certifications in LEED AP and CDP. Ray is active in multiple industry organizations, including the Retail Contractors Association (executive board member) and the International Council of Shopping Centers (past board member); he also serves as an ACE Mentor.
- Ray is a proven leader who stays on the forefront of change within the industry while developing relationships that go beyond day-to-day projects. He is passionate about uncovering each client’s true needs and working with the project stakeholders to develop and execute a plan to meet those needs. Driven by the desire to improve the construction industry as a whole, Ray is focused on creating true partnerships allowing the team to leverage its strength with a focus on accomplishing a common goal.
- Outside of work, Ray enjoys golfing, running and spending time with his wife and four children at their home in Coppell, Texas.